Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral Studies Admission Requirements
Bachelor’s Level Admission Requirements
A Swiss Secondary high-school leaving certificate or an equivalent foreign upper secondary school-leaving certificate is required for admission to Bachelor’s course in a Swiss University.
- Academic Requirement: You must possess at least 12 years of education (HSC equivalent).
- Documents: The chief documents required to send to the University for Entry into a bachelor course of study are your upper secondary school-leaving certificate-the original or a notarized copy and a recent passport-size photograph.
Master’s Level Admission Requirements
The requirement for admittance to a Master's study is a successfully completed Bachelor's degree program.
- Academic Requirement: You must have 16 years of education.
- Entrance Test: It depends on universities. Sometimes Universities requires the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Tests) for admittance to Master’s degree program.
Doctoral Level Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a Master's degree or equivalent from a recognised or accredited university for admittance to a doctoral course of study.
- Professional Experience: Doctoral Studies at some University require at least few years of experience.
- Research Proposal: For Doctoral course of study, you need to take on a research project. A research proposal is an outline of what you plan to do for your research, and includes the subject, title, background research, research methodology and analysis. The research proposal should be approximately 1000-2000 words.
Following documents must be submitted before the deadline to the target University:
- Application Form & Fees: The application fee varies from course to course and the University as well.
- Official Educational Documents including mark sheets, transcripts in English-Undergraduate and graduate studies (wherever applicable).
- School Leaving Certificate
- Tests Scores Reports: Scores of Language of Instruction must be submitted (if applicable).
- Statement of Purpose: The Statement of purpose should have answers to questions why you want to study at this particular university or course, what you plan to do after this course of study and what experience you’ve in the field applied. The SOP should reveal that you’re a hard-working student who will remain committed for a considerable period of time.
- Recommendation Letter: At least two letters of recommendation are required. Both letters of recommendation must be submitted by the deadline of the round in which you apply. It should demonstrate your abilities and skills and make a judgement about whether you will cope well with a Masters or Doctoral degree.
- Curriculum Vitae: Focus on your previous education and work experience (if applicable). Mention your academic achievements and honors, volunteer activities and extra-curricular involvement details.
Applying Ways and Means
You can apply online or offline. Contact the University of your choice prior to the admission deadline. You should write directly to the Institution's Admission Office for detailed application forms and other necessary details. Admissions office will inform you about the applying process, necessary documentation and other requirements. You should start at least a few months in advance to compile the necessary information and documentation.
Applicant must check with the University for language of instruction.
If the language of instruction of your target university is German
, then German language proficiency test
- TestDaF or DSH scores must be submitted. The DSH test can only be taken at a German-speaking university, while TestDaF can be taken at large number of centre’s around the world.
If the language of instruction of the University you applying is Italian, in that case, the University requires good knowledge in Italian language.
If the language of instruction of your target university is French, then it requires good knowledge in French language.
If the language of instruction of your target university is English
, then submit the scores of the following English language tests
like TOEFL/IELTS etc.