German Language Tests in Switzerland- TestDaf and DSH
The test TestDaF
‘Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ means, “German as a foreign language“. TestDaF, administered by TestDaF Institute, is an internationally recognized and globally standardised language examination, testing language proficiency of non-native German Speakers. The TestDaF exam is the language qualification that facilitates admission to university and is recognized by every university in Germany. It is aimed at people who would like to study in German Universities or academics and scientists who would like to work in Germany. The TestDaF is approximately 3 hours 10 minutes exam. The TestDaF certificate is valid for an unlimited time period. The number of enrollments of the TestDaF keeps increasing on year on year basis.
The DSH takes place in two forms: written as well as oral.
DSH Written examination consists of the following parts:
- Listening comprehension and use of the language from a listening text
- Reading comprehension and use of the language from a reading text
- Comprehension and application of language in academic language
DSH Oral examination measures following skills:
- Does the language you use correspond adequately to the question/assignment?
- Are you able to express yourself independently with a differentiated viewpoint?
- Is the language you use correct?
- Is your pronunciation and intonation comprehensible?